 CAD / Development / 1394
Re: Non-TLG Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:16:21 GMT

----Original Message-----
From: Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net>
Newsgroups: lugnet.cad.dev
Did you ever finish that part?  I dropped by your web-page, once upon a
time, and it seemed like the file was there for downloading.  If it's
complete, you should submit for the next parts update.
It's not complete in respect to Type 2 and 5 lines.  The conversion program
works, but the modeler I use refuses to output lines into a DXF or VSA or
any ASCII format it has available.  I'm internally debating with myself and
I as to weather I should go into this resulting file and add them by hand
(not looking forward to the prospect of that).  What I have done is put the
prelim part up in three different resolutions and with a little persistence
you can use it from within LEDIT by move the part small increments and
hitting the "enter" to check position, but as to quality good enough for the
"vote" its not there.  I've been looking at your post of the "small saucer
section" recently and found that I can split up a existing file into a poly
file and a line file and modify the poly file then recombine the results
into a new DAT.  The biggest bug there is positioning the wire frame back to
the model is off by a very small amount due to the modeler outputs to three
decimal places.  If you need the part and have the time you could modify any
of the parts yourself and take the credit just as long as it gets into the
database I don't care how it gets there.
Any ideas you may have, considering I'm still new at the parts business and
my methods are flighty at the moment, I stand ready to listen.  I really
lack the time needed to do an in-depth study of the subject, but the time I
have used seems to cause me more questions which I have had to put on the
back burner until later.  The things on the back burner may soon overwhelm
any serous progress.
The struggle continues..........
Roy