 CAD / Development / 1397
Re: Non-TLG Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:51:39 GMT

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:16:21 GMT, "Earls HouseHold" <brandone@mounet.com>
wrote:

----Original Message-----
From: Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net>
Newsgroups: lugnet.cad.dev
Did you ever finish that part?  I dropped by your web-page, once upon a
time, and it seemed like the file was there for downloading.  If it's
complete, you should submit for the next parts update.

If you need the part and have the time you could modify any
of the parts yourself and take the credit just as long as it gets into the
database I don't care how it gets there.

I don't need the part, I just remember it was a part that came up during a
discussion on whether part-variations were important or not.

Any ideas you may have, considering I'm still new at the parts business and
my methods are flighty at the moment, I stand ready to listen.  I really
lack the time needed to do an in-depth study of the subject, but the time I
have used seems to cause me more questions which I have had to put on the
back burner until later.  The things on the back burner may soon overwhelm
any serous progress.

To be perfectly serious, for this part, I'd copy the existing 4081.dat and
modify it.  The only change needed is to squeeze the loop-holder's width
from 8LDU down to 4LDU.

Here's a rough outline of how I'd approach the problem using LDAO's Editor:
Identify which statements define the right side of the clip-loop (Set
Options | Stop-at-Cursor to step through the file, to see what each line
draws without having the analyze the coordinate-values).  Then highlight
the whole batch of statements, and do an Edit | Move Exact to slide the
schmear in the necessary 2 LDU.  Since the lines are probably spread
throughout the file, you might have to do this in small bunches.  Repeat
this process for the left side.  Then track down the (few) statements that
must be altered by hand (because they actually change their shape) and
modify each of those lines individually.

If you really want to be careful and precise, make several copies of the
file, one for each section of the part.  The contents of each file would
be:
- parts that don't change
- right side of the loop
- left side of the loop
- parts which must be hand-edited (center of the loop or side of plate
joining the loop holder)
Then edit each file, deleting the lines that don't apply.  Modify what you
need to modify, and join the files back together.

I've used this method once or twice, when I needed to be extra careful.

Steve