 CAD / Development / *1445 (-20)
  www.ldraw.org Registration Sent

This morning Jacob Sparre Andersen sent me the information for the hugin.risoe.dk server where ldraw.org will be hosted, along with the technical contact info for the administrator at the Risø National Research Centre where the server resides. This (...) (26 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig torso subpart (was suggestion for roadplate like parts)

(...) That would be a wise idea. Chris? -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw part library structure

(...) You have been wiffling with him longer than I. I am _slowly_ learning that it is usually pointless to argue with Joshua over these subjects. Might need a few more bonks, though. :-) -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [ldraw.org] L3P Question

(...) I don't. But it might be useful for some people. (what could it be used for?) Like I said, I always start changing camera coordinates around in a scene file. I do use the that final object line, so could this L3P option leave that, but comment (...) (26 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Informal Opinion Poll: ldraw.org site name

(...) In the spirit of brainstorming, I put in everything that's been suggested so far, regardless of how it was received. I wasn't taking notes as we went, so hopefully I didn't miss anything. Here is the URL: (URL) can select from any of 18 (...) (26 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Domain Registration

(...) But no one else is going to snap up all of your supplier's paper from under your nose if you don't act immediately. And you're probably ordering a bit ahead, so that a delay in delivery of future supplies doesn't affect your ability to (...) (26 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw part library structure

(...) I've been hit numerous times (upside the head, base of the neck, whammo to the ear, flat across the noggin, and more) by Joshua's wiffle bat over the past *5* years -- and I feel all the smarter for it. I've got my own bat, of course, for when (...) (26 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Status of SW Ion Cannon?

Well, the cone with cutout just happens to be what I've been working on. I used 3 1-4 cones around the top and sides. Does L3P substitute for all the cone primitives? In any case I'll post what I've got to cad.dat, probably tommorow. -John Van (...) (26 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy

(...) Whenever you'd like. If you think it would help you focus, or help collect LDAO ideas, thoughts, and issues together, or give people a more open forum to talk about LDAO, (or all of the above), then it's yours for the asking. Here is some data (...) (26 years ago, 17-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: [Newpart] - #2871, Electric Train 9V Motor Decorative Side

i know that this part is unfinished. BUT when i downluaded it some parts that by all rights should have been there were not, probobly for the same reason as my roadplates???. (26 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Quad intersections

(...) Here's what I use, it works for triangles but you can easily change it for a quad. The idea is to check the angles between the vectors formed by each vertex and the point you're testing. x,y,z: point p1,p2,p3: vertex (float[3]) double pa1[3], (...) (26 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Abuse (was: Re: Non-TLG Parts)

Steve Bliss wrote in message <3717595d.1405512@lu...et.com>... (...) Normally I would agree, but the situation has gotten to the point where I can't tell which side of the question is worse. JW certainly comes off as rough around the edges, but his (...) (26 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Status of SW Ion Cannon?

(...) I just need to make the cone at the base of the barrel. I was debating whether to include the cutout on the underside of the barrel or not. It would be a lot easier to make it a 4-4 cone. Also, it would look better in L3P/POV-Ray because then (...) (26 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: suggestion for roadplate like parts

(...) That's fine, I'm willing to make the parts, but I'm not highly motivated for it. Steve (26 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Quad intersections

(...) Using quad points Q0 - Q3, point of intersection I. For all lines QmQn, where I.X is between Qm.X and Qn.X, interpolate the point Jmn on QmQn where Jmn.X = I.X. If I.Z is between min(Jmn.Z) and max(Jmn.Z) then I lies within quad Q. If I.Z is (...) (26 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Quad intersections

Based on Dave's formulae, I have been able to calculate the intersection of a plane (given three points) and a line (given two points). How do I then determine whether the point of intersection falls within a quad (as in Dave's "exercise left for (...) (26 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: suggestion for roadplate like parts

(...) I don't have all of them, but I do have many. I'll see what I can do(1)! Jeff (1) I don't have constant access to a scanner, so it might take me a while. (26 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Status of SW Ion Cannon?

Steve, Where are you on this one? I did part of it previously, but saw you were in progress on the part tracker. If you haven't done the sections I have done, I'd be happy to send you what I have (or vice-versa). -John Van (26 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Newpart] - #2871, Electric Train 9V Motor Decorative Side

(...) Pretty small return on the investment of so many peoples' time and frustration. Then again, there's always the next key. (26 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: suggestion for roadplate like parts

If you have all these parts, and you want LDraw part-files for them, I'd be willing to work on making the files. Scan at 64dpi (that's 'life size' for LDraw), and e-mail them to me. Steve (...) (26 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact