 CAD / Development / 1430
Re: Quad intersections
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:35:09 GMT

Based on Dave's formulae, I have been able to calculate the intersection of a
plane (given three points) and a line (given two points).  How do I then
determine whether the point of intersection falls within a quad (as in Dave's
"exercise left for the reader")?

-John Van

Dave Hylands wrote in message
<snip>
Of course, now that you've found y, you probably need to verify that (x, y,
z) actually falls within the given quad (as they say in the textbooks, this
is an exercise left for the reader).

If anyone is interested in a more detailed derivation, I'd be happy to share
the gory details.