 CAD / Development / 1442
Re: [ldraw.org] L3P Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 02:42:29 GMT

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999 08:34:26 GMT, "Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> wrote:

Terry Keller wrote:
Which reminds me, would it be possible to add an option to
L3P so that it produces just a basic model file, no camera
or lights, to use as an include file in a master file?
I do that a lot.  Chop the camera and lights out, then cut
& copy the final Object line into my scene file.

Sure.
BTW, do you use the Bounding Box and model center info at the
end of the POV file ?
/Lars

I don't.  But it might be useful for some people.  (what could it be used for?)
Like I said, I always start changing camera coordinates around in a scene file.

I do use the that final object line, so could this L3P option leave that, but
comment it out?  So it would be easy to copy & paste?

And if you _really_ want to make it easy for me to be lazy, you could also have
it generate a corresponding   // #include "nnnnn.pov"  (1)
right above that  // Object   line.   :-)

Copy & Paste both lines, delete the //'s and, bingo!   <g>

-- Terry K --
1.  Might even be better to have this type of file be an .inc rather than a
pov