 CAD / 9733
MLCAD for Linux :D
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:27:22 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Just a little note...

Having switched to Linux and pretty much all the basics working I started
looking for alternatives to MLCAD and various other Windows programs...

After some looking I found nothing and therefore decided to try and get
MLCAD to work with Wine, the Windows libraries for Linux (and various other
OS'es, for the purists)

Result : It worked, no hassle!
I downloaded the latest version of Wine, of 20030408, did a regular install
and without altering any configuration I was able to open op most of my
LDRAW files, like my BR211 diesel engine. Still need to finetune some
things to improve speed and font quality a bit more, but it's very useable.
And best of all, it's hardly slower (some things even feel faster!)

So for all of those running an alternative OS, there's something to cheer
about!
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/
LEGO Santa Fe B-unit | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/lego/f7b.html