 CAD / MLCad / 1644
Re: MLCAD for Linux :D
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:50:45 GMT

In article <3EA9DD93.4050507@nycap.rr.com>, Xanthra47 wrote:
Pretty much, just install wine, then use it to install winzip.
use wine to unpack the ldraw parts.
run winzip under wine to unzip mlcad
run mlcad under wine : )

why use winzip? most linux installs come with zip/unzip!

so on my redhat 7.2, all I did was

- download mlcad.
- download the dats
- unzip dats
- unzip mlcad
- run "wine MLCAD.EXE"

One oddity I've noticed :
I have to run MLCAD under wine as root.  I get a lot
of errors and winedebug goes nuts if I run it as
a regular user.

huh - I was running it as a non-root user.  Odd.

Dan