 CAD / MLCad / 1643
Re: MLCAD for Linux :D
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:14:59 GMT

Pretty much, just install wine, then use it to install winzip.
use wine to unpack the ldraw parts.
run winzip under wine to unzip mlcad
run mlcad under wine : )

There are some functions that don't work even with the latest
version of Wine, but they're few and far between.

One oddity I've noticed :
I have to run MLCAD under wine as root.  I get a lot
of errors and winedebug goes nuts if I run it as
a regular user.

Michael Lachmann wrote:
Hi,

this is nice to hear. Maybe you could write a more detailed description what
is needed to run MLCad on Linux?
This way I could make this information public in a seperate Linux section on
my host, and even more users are able to use MLCad.

Michael