 CAD / MLCad / 1642
Re: MLCAD for Linux :D
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:09:58 GMT

Hi,

this is nice to hear. Maybe you could write a more detailed description what
is needed to run MLCad on Linux?
This way I could make this information public in a seperate Linux section on
my host, and even more users are able to use MLCad.

Michael

"Jan-Albert van Ree" <javanree@vanree.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Just a little note...

Having switched to Linux and pretty much all the basics working I started
looking for alternatives to MLCAD and various other Windows programs...

After some looking I found nothing and therefore decided to try and get
MLCAD to work with Wine, the Windows libraries for Linux (and various • other
OS'es, for the purists)

Result : It worked, no hassle!
I downloaded the latest version of Wine, of 20030408, did a regular • install
and without altering any configuration I was able to open op most of my
LDRAW files, like my BR211 diesel engine. Still need to finetune some
things to improve speed and font quality a bit more, but it's very • useable.
And best of all, it's hardly slower (some things even feel faster!)

So for all of those running an alternative OS, there's something to cheer
about!
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/
LEGO Santa Fe B-unit | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/lego/f7b.html