 CAD / 7575
  Create Terrains and import to POV

For all of you who are having trouble making real life scenes in POV-ray check this utility out! See this link for some sample images (URL) here to download the program (URL) to kai brodersen for postiung this on brickshelf. AHui (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Create Terrains and import to POV

(...) Very cool! Any chance that you will export these enormous bitmaps to a more compressed format? (I'd love to see them!) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Create Terrains and import to POV

(...) Very cool! But how do you export these to Pov-Ray? John Kruer (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Create Terrains and import to POV

(...) Correction: Thanks to Kai AND Ahui. I've been trying this out and it is pretty darn great. I haven't got as far as integrating with POV - any tips for making them play nice? (And the file size wasn't that large- the connection was slow. (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Create Terrains and import to POV

(...) John, I have NOT played with this new toy yet. I will over the weekend and should have a new tutorial on it soon. You might want to email Kai Brodersen about how to export the file to POV. From my understand of the website. terrain (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Create Terrains and import to POV

(...) Sorry, but I don't know what to do after that. I sent all the resulting inc files to the include folder, but when I render, the render window is all black. Now what? John Kruer (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Create Terrains and import to POV

(...) (Because I've made this mistake myself) Is it possible that your camera is inside part of the terrain? Dave! (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Create Terrains and import to POV

(...) Well... The file type converter did it for me. Maybe somebody can clarify what to do with it? John Kruer (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Create Terrains and import to POV

(...) I've made some scenes using paint: (URL) hope its better on Povray. John Kruer (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Installtionn of Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

(...) If any of you are having trouble installing the Terragen application and it's plug-ins here is part 1 of the tutorial I am working on. The FINAL tutorial (installation, useage, getting a scene into POV, and meshing with your model will be done (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Installtionn of Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

(...) <grreat tutorial draft snipped - see earlier> (...) Thanks for all that work, AHui. Having just installed Terragen on Win98 (as well as everything else thanks to a hard drive failure), I'll attest to the painless nature of that install. I look (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Create Terrains and import to POV

(...) Wow, didn't know people were so interested in this. If you guys have any futher questions you might want to check out the yahoo group on Terragen. There is a link at planetside.co.uk. As for the exportation to Pov-ray. The developer is looking (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Installtionn of Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

Note for all of us XP users, the compatibility mode for Terragen needs to be set on Windows 98 for ANYTHING to work. (...) <snip> tutorial draft (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Create Terrains and import to POV

(...) You can get foester from here: (URL) looks like another real good scene generator program for POV/LDraw... In one word: WOW! AHui (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  No tutotial for Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

Okay after further review of the two wonerful 3D scene generator programs that we have discovered [Terragen ((URL) Forestor (URL) I have concluded that I won't be creating a tutorial for them (at least no time so.) Why? Well, stop and think about (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: No tutotial for Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera writes: <basic premise snipped> (...) I fall into the intermediate camp. I do think a set of Ldraw/PoV/Terragen specific tips would be useful. You're 100% corrrect that there's no need to write tutorials for the programs (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: No tutotial for Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)

<snip> (...) Try the forester program it is much easier to use and can handle the terregen format. (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

"Kai Brodersen" <kbrodersen@comcast.net> skrev i meddelandet news:GtG34C.2LD@lugnet.com... (...) Exporting from Terragen to POV is quite straightforward, but a bit tedious (at least for me, maybe there's a better way...): In Terragen: - generate a (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Create Terrains and import to POV

(...) have forester cerate the POV file and render it (minus your lego model). Next create your POV lego model (no sky, no floor, no lights, no nothing..) Cut and paste the code of the lego model and insert into the code that forester made. Ta,ta.. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.cad)