 CAD / 7603
Re: No tutotial for Terregen (was Re: Create Terrains and import to POV)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 01:41:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera writes:
<basic premise snipped>

It is at this point that I think TERREGEN and FORESTER come in.  A tutorial,
if ever created, for these items would be at the 300 level in ldraw.  But
wait, what would the tutorial cover?  How to install the apps?  How to use
them?  How to send the files from TERREGEN/FORESTER to POV?  Breaking it
down we have:

1. Installation:    This is done (may need some editing)
2. How to use them: The authors of the programs already have very good
                   tutorials of their apps so no need to focus our attention
                   there.  Just look at their websites.
3. Conversion:      An intermediate/advance user will already know this so no
                   need.  It's not THAT hard to use 3Dwin.

Thus there really is NO need for a tutorial on the matter.  If at all we
just need to inform users that these 'advance programs' exist that can
create scene for them.  All we need to do is provide them with the
installation instructions since that might be a bit hairy for some.

AHui

I fall into the intermediate camp. I do think a set of Ldraw/PoV/Terragen
specific tips would be useful. You're 100% corrrect that there's no need to
write tutorials for the programs themselves.

I'm still trying to get Terragen to render any imported 3d data, so maybe
I'm not quite on the road to advanced.

- Kyle