 CAD / 6708
Re: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 20:09:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.cad, Michael Horvath writes:
4. I had a lot of naive questions like this to ask, then I realized that
it's not so hard, and that I really just didn't have sufficient motivation to
do it myself
As do many people how would like to use CAD to do something quick and dirty,
but entirely cool. I don't think that newbie questions equate to naive
questions.

Agreed 100%.  I'd love to contribute to such a project, as I feel that I
have some skill to pass on.

The biggest hinderance I have to this is twofold:

1.  time (well, okay, kinda lame since I'm now unemployed, but still...)

2.  thinking back to when I was hitting the learning curve -- how do I
differentiate between the helpful stuff and the fluff?

I think the real biggie up front is #2.  Such a project needs direction, and
who better to provide the direction than the audience?  If you (or anyone
else) would ask the modellers the important questions, using specific models
and/or scenes with specific questions, that would IMHO make it that much
easier for CAD gurus to document how they did what.

Cheers,
- jsproat