 CAD / 6706
RE: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:57:13 GMT

Anders Isaksson writes:
The installer could be designed to download the checked
components on the fly instead of all at once.

I 'hate' this kind of installation. Beeing on an expensive
modem line (where each dial up incurs an extra cost), I
prefer downloading a large file in one piece, or getting a
friend with better net access download and make a CD. But
that's just me...

Well, I hate them too actually, but considering that there are quite a
few utilities that we might not include in Typical but would include in
Complete, it might be useful, even/especially for people with slow
connections.  Better still would be to offer a choice of downloads. (I
think Steve tried this once for LDAO)
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu