 CAD / 6703
Re: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 05:37:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Along the lines of Michael's suggestion to ask people for small commitments:

I'd love to see a series of artist's comments on ldraw.org about ray traced
or other complicated productions.

The comments needn't explain how to do every detail. Just what might be
unique to that production, though general teacherly advice is also certain
to help someone! Then one or two renderings besides the final one, for
example showing different (good and bad) lighting tryouts. Callouts or
closeups are another idea. A few paragraphs (6 is ideal) would make single
points about the model or rendering skills.

The kind of thing I have in mind has been done very well by Cecilia Ziemer
in 3D Artist magazine. The magazine pioneered a 2-page spread tutorial
format for work in 3DS Max, Ray Dream, all those kinds of 3D. Barnes & Noble
usually carries this magazine in the US.

One day I hope to see an article covering LDRAW in 3D Artist!