 CAD / 6700
  Re: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus

1. it's hard, 2. it's a pain in the butt 3. I'd hate someone to ask me to do it 4. I had a lot of naive questions like this to ask, then I realized that it's not so hard, and that I realy just didn't have sufficient motivation to do it myself (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus

(...) This last one of yours is one of my problems too. But, on the other hand, its not something that I will allow to thwart my goals of community building with LDraw. I'm happy with Jake's enthusiasm for more information, and I hope it inspires (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus

(...) I think that a big problem is that stuff is still very scattered, even if there are links to all the different parts. I think one thing that would really help people to get set up would be an InstallShield (or whatever) setup. Download one (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus

Along the lines of Michael's suggestion to ask people for small commitments: I'd love to see a series of artist's comments on ldraw.org about ray traced or other complicated productions. The comments needn't explain how to do every detail. Just what (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> skrev i meddelandet news:000001c16955$44...1681@bl... (...) Hasn't this been discussed before? Wasn't there a 'problem' with having to use the original LDRAW download? Perhaps the license discussions are finished (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus

(...) Well, I hate them too actually, but considering that there are quite a few utilities that we might not include in Typical but would include in Complete, it might be useful, even/especially for people with slow connections. Better still would (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus

(...) Um...it's a good thing that no one said that when they were thinking about creating LDraw, or MLCAD, or LEOCad, or the LGEO library, or L3p, or LDAO, or.... (...) I'm not ask for something made for Jake that no one else can use. I am proposing (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus

(...) Agreed 100%. I'd love to contribute to such a project, as I feel that I have some skill to pass on. The biggest hinderance I have to this is twofold: 1. time (well, okay, kinda lame since I'm now unemployed, but still...) 2. thinking back to (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus

Bram has hit it squarely, as has Jake. Put the two voices together and you get three main ideas... Ldraw should be: 1. Simple to Download 2. Simple to install 3. Simple to understand (i.e. DOCUMENTATION) I would pull back from Jake's request to the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus

(...) Sounds like the first time I encountered LDraw in 1996 or 97... Of course the lack of a 3D view and my lack of experience with DOS command lines didn't make things any easier. (...) Believe it or not, that takes a ton of time. My LDraw (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GMM3pv.6xr@lugnet.com... (...) usual, (...) Hey man - Good, well thought out post. And exactly what I'm feeling too. Been chatting with a few people offline about the project of getting (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> wrote in message news:000001c16a53$1c...1681@bl... (...) Matt Gerber and I have been chatting about the very same subject at the moment. What we both think is that people should break it up - we develop an outline of (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Challenge/Request for the CAD gurus

(...) I found Ldraw/Ledit to be easy to download and install. I would say that I was middle level computer user, I am quite experienced but have no programming/DOS software experience. I now use MLCad which is much more user friendly for the average (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad)