 CAD / 4491
4490  |  4492
Subject:
2nd. Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 06:33:26 GMT

I would like to propose a slightly modified meta command set for the rotation
points, based on the idea of Marc Klein.

He suggested:
0 ROTATION CENTER x y z
0 ROTATION AXIS x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2

In MLCad I would like to use:
0 ROTATION CENTER "Name" x y z <mf>
0 ROTATION AXIS "Name" x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 <mf>
0 ROTATION CONFIG <arp> <vf>

where:
"Name" is used to give this point or axis a name which allows to select it
from a list of points or axis.
<mf> is a modification flag which indicates if the point can be modified from
an editor or not 0 = do not modify, 1 = modify ok
The ROTATION CONFIG will be used in MLCad to save the current config within
the file the parameters are:
<arp> Actual Rotation Point ... which can be

0 = Parts Origin
1 = Parts Center
2 = Parts Active Rotation Point
3 = World Origin
4 .. n = User defined Rotation Point 4 is the first defined, 5 the second ..
<vf> Visible flag for rotation point, if 1 the point will be display,
otherwice not.
For multiple parts 0 to 2 will default to 3
For 2 (Parts Active Rotation Point) to work the parts beeing rotated must
contain a ROTATION CONFIG directive with <arp> set to 3 or higher, otherwice
MLCad will revert to '0'.
There must not be any ROTATION CENTER or ROTATION AXIS command after the
ROTATION CONFIG!

Would that be acceptable for all of you?

Michael