 CAD / 4462
  Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

The purpose is to define default rotation centers for parts. This can be defined by a directive placed in parts and primitives. The primitives that should contain the rotation center axis directive are: - axleholes - pegholes - studs - may be (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

Sounds like a very good idea. The only thing I'm not sure about is where we would use the rotation axis ... Michael (...) defined by a directive placed in parts and (...) directive are: (...) functionnallity to many parts with less (...) from a part (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

(...) The rotation axis defines a rotation center and limits the rotation to one degree of freedom. It should be used in primitives that basically only have only one degree of freedom in rotation like pegholes and axleholes. This feature will avoid (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

In lugnet.cad, Marc Klein writes: <SNIP> (...) degree of freedom. It should be used in (...) like pegholes and axleholes. This feature (...) around an axis and so limit the misplacement (...) I think this is not true, you can rotate any part however (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

(...) I agree. See all the technic parts that are connected with pins. I think i have not explained myself very clearly. I have tried to be more clearly with some pictures. Heve a look on the page (URL) also describe on that page another idea for (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

In lugnet.cad, Marc Klein writes: <SNIP> (...) clearly with some pictures. (...) using rotation center directive. (...) There is still one problem: Take the first picture as an example. You would say that the red part can be turned on exactly one (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

Perhaps what is meant is to add an additional method of rotating parts... In addition to having the ability to rotate in the X, Y and Z directions, some parts would have an additional axis of rotation, in which you could rotate them, REGARDLESS of (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

(...) I did not say that the parts can only be turn around the rotation axis defined by the primitives. These axis are only here to give to user convenient settings for the rotation center. Instead of giving the coordinates, the user chooses in a (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

I this is a very good ideia, which I have also been researching due to LSim. Basically it's a good ideia for two main reasons: 1 - it allows for an easyer/faster placement of axel/axis connected parts, so it's good for editing and model authoring. 2 (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

In lugnet.cad, Marc Klein writes: <SNIP> (...) transformation that moves an axis to another. (...) am a professionnal developper of cad-cam (...) Now I got it .... For now I would like to keep MLCad as it is, in order to be able to release the next (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

(...) LSim. (...) so (...) respect (...) model file, (...) thinking (...) submodels (...) that's (...) This is a very good idea. I have been working on ways to make animations for a long time. The easiest way I have been able to do it is just how (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software

Since it is relevant to the topic at hand, I would like to point all those who are following this thread to: (URL) I describe the Artemis Project. If you have already read through it, please forgive me for this post, but if you have not, I believe (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad)