 CAD / 4469
Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:03:43 GMT

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 05:56:36 GMT, "Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote:

Sounds like a very good idea. The only thing I'm not sure about is where we
would use the rotation axis ...

Michael

The rotation axis defines a rotation center and limits the rotation to one degree of freedom. It should be used in
primitives that basically only have only one degree of freedom in rotation like pegholes and axleholes. This feature
will avoid to freely turn around a point where it is only possible to turn around an axis and so limit the misplacement
of parts.
Most of the rotation of parts are only around one axis.
Marc Klein
A Mindstorms fan.