 CAD / 4475
Re: Idea for a new feature to help rotation of parts in Ldraw Cad software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:09:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Marc Klein writes:
<SNIP>

I think i have not explained myself very clearly. I have tried to be more • clearly with some pictures.
Heve a look on the page http://marc.klein.free.fr/rotation.html

I also describe on that page another idea for automatic placement of parts • using rotation center directive.
I hope it is clear enough.

Marc Klein
A Mindstorms fan.

There is still one problem:
Take the first picture as an example. You would say that the red part can be
turned on exactly one axis only? That's not true ... think on a situation
where you use both parts rotated 90 degree on any other axis ... with your
command we would not be able to turn this part as we would like it.

But what is true that theire is a relation between TWO parts and they can only
be connected in a certain orientation. And even that is not true ... I could
put the red part as it is in the first picture directly between the studs of
the yellow brick!!!

Michael