 CAD / 4460
Re: Macintosh Ldraw part files.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:19:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ben Vaughan wrote:

I just uploaded three parts files for the Macintosh.  These are just the
ldraw parts taken from a PC and repackaged with Stuffit.  I've got them in 3
flavors: binhex (hqx), stuffit (sit), and as a self extracting archive (sea).
After decompressing them, you should have the "p" and the "parts" directory.

Can Mac's typically extract from other archive formats, such as ZIP?  How
about ZIPs packaged as (PC)self-extracting files?

There's been some discussion about switching the LDraw/LCAD distribution
files from ARJ to ZIP.  We haven't yet, because ZIP files (especially
PKZIP) have an annoying tendency to not use the folder-information in the
archive unless the user explicitly tells the program to do so.

Steve