 CAD / 4463
Re: Macintosh Ldraw part files.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:18:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:

Can Mac's typically extract from other archive formats, such as ZIP?  How
about ZIPs packaged as (PC)self-extracting files?

There's been some discussion about switching the LDraw/LCAD distribution
files from ARJ to ZIP.  We haven't yet, because ZIP files (especially
PKZIP) have an annoying tendency to not use the folder-information in the
archive unless the user explicitly tells the program to do so.

Steve

Steve,
Yes, Macs (Stuffit actually) can extract zip files, but I don't think they can
deal with self extracting zips as they are packaged as an executable for
Windows machines.  As for ARJ vs. ZIP, I don't really have much of an opinion
on that as I don't know alot about it.

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Vaughan