 CAD / 3693
Re: LDraw Add-On 2.1.2 Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:55:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, "Jonathan Gevaryahu" <Jgevaryahu(remove)@hotmail.com>
wrote:

[note to steve: contrary to those emails I sent you, it appears the batch files
are run on program start, not when the vec button is clicked]

(I knew that! But I did double-check the code, to be sure it wasn't
doing something I had forgotten)

sometimes, depending on whether the user hand-fixed the batch files and ran
them (outside the program, as the 'bad' versions are re-created whenever the
program starts, which isnt even necessary), it will run correctly!

That's bizarre.  No, it's not.  Well, sort of.

it will only crash if the indeces are not created when the vec is 'run'
(this affects users who put LDAO in "program files" or another path with a
space in it)

the error message it gives is:

subscript out of range

OK, this is definitely fixed in the 2.1.3 update, which I *hope* to
upload this evening.

(note: if you answer yes to the regenerate question, the window that is
displayed [if you ran the batch files after fixing them] has the "compress
images" checkbox ON TOP of the CANCEL and OK buttons)

That is fixed, too.

(note2: and what does compression DO, anyway?)

The compression option converts the BMP files (produced by LDraw or
LDLite) to the run-length encoded (RLE) format.  If you are using LDLite
as the image-generating tool, this option will reduce the size of the
VEC directory by an order of magnitude.  If you are using LDraw to
produce VEC images, using the compression option won't save as much
space.

If you are using LDLite as the image-generator, Compression is strongly
recommended.  The VEC runs much faster with smaller images.

Steve