 CAD / 2250
Re: Animation: Space ship taking off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 06:02:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
I've made a short animation.  It features a space ship taking off.  It's
160 frames, 128x96 pixels per frame and approx 5 seconds.  (24 frames
per second.)  I've used the MPEG1 compression standard, which achieves a
nice total size of 100KB.

You can download the animation from:

   http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/space/space.mpg

I'm planning to make a better presentation later on, with many different
downloadable files in different compression ratios, as well as different
formats and sizes.  I'll also explain in painstaking detail how it was
done.  But for now, I'm only interested in comments as to the movie
itself.  What do you think?

And can you see that the pilot turns his head slightly before the canopy
slams?  And is the smoke too cheesy?  I didn't get around to work too
much on that part.

This is incredible!!!  Just awesome!!!
Fredrik