 CAD / 2157
Re: Animation: Space ship taking off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 11:11:52 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ...
I'll do 256x192x160 frames first to see what it looks like.
1024x768x1000 would take years to render, so it's not feasible.

??? Some of us have real computers, you know. I was playing with
a cluster of PCs the other day running something you don't want
to know about, but IRL we could either write a script to pump
the rendering all over a campus somewhere, or get most of the
community here playing with it just for fun. Either way it
would hopefully not be too hard to scale up what you've done to
render easily in little lumps. More work Fredrik, do more
work :)

I mention 1024x768 because that's my screensaver size...

Hmm, I could put bare Win98 on my 8GB hard drive and run my real
machine for a few weeks if you're willing to let me have the code.
And there's a hardware MPEG encoder at work that I could, ah,
"borrow" for that stage.

Moz