 CAD / 2126
Re: Animation: Space ship taking off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 08:16:33 GMT

"Moz (Chris Moseley)" <moz1@ihug.com.au> writes:

This time around I just wanted some comments on the movie, and felt that
it was arrogant to have people download anything larger than 100MB just
to comment it.

Sounds good to me. You got 100MB of web space lying round?

Duh!  I meant 100KB.  :-Æ

Actually, what would make sense for that sort of effort is to split the
animation effort up. If several of us with fast machines lying round take
a few seconds of frames each it should be fairly quick. I'd volunteer but
1: slow link 2: dead machine, 3: new bike.

Yes, POV-Ray can even be run in parallell on several machines.  But I
figure I probably need something like 4-5 days to finish off this
animastion on my own computer, so it's doable.  I just gotta improve the
smoke first...

Fredrik