 CAD / 2100
Re: Animation: Space ship taking off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 00:19:44 GMT

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999 07:34:16 GMT, Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no>
wrote:

"Thomas Burger" <TBurger666@aol.com> writes:

1 how long did it take to do that??

I'm still pretty inexperienced with POV-Ray, so I'd say it took me a
couple of weeks to make it, so far.  But keep in mind: I only worked on
it some hours every evening or so.

The "final" rendering took approx 24 hours on my 400MHz PII system with
256MB RAM.  Actually, the rendering process took up up to 160MB RAM
simultaneously at some times, but that's only because I want to do
everything at one time.

Would you be willing to post the source to allow rendering this at a larger
size?  Or would you be willing to render this larger and post it?  I'd love
to see this in much more detail.  It's quite amazing!

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rfarver  |