 CAD / 16066
  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) My apologies for the two garbage releases. I've rebuild LSynth 3 under Visual Studio C++ Express, rebuilt the setup file with Inno, uploaded the setup to (URL) and tested it. It works on my friend's Vista machine. Like LPub for Windows, you (...) (16 years ago, 3-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) I indeed had to download Microsoft library, but it works fine now. Thanks, Kevin! Philo (16 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) Kevin, the packages ships with an outdated LSynth.mpd file. Could you please include this version: (URL) it looks like Inno doesn't copy the constraint parts to <LDrawDIR>\Parts and the synthesis parts to <LDrawDIR>\Parts\s. There is popping (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) Hi Willy, Thanks for bringing this up. LSynth setup does not put the parts in the LDraw directory. I'm open to suggestions as to how to do this, even if I have to write a program to do this process. I included all the parts in a zip file in (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) I would suggest asking the user to select the LDraw directory as part of the setup process (in addition to the install directory). I can't remember if InnoSetup makes this easy to do or not. --Travis (16 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) A quick glance at the InnoSetup help makes it appear that this will require Pascal scripting of a new wizard page, which is unfortunate. On the flip side, one of the InnoSetup examples (CodeDlg.iss) shows how to create a custom wizard page. (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) Cool, a new lsynth is finally grinding it's way through the release process. If it helps, I have a small executable using Lars' portable LDrawIni.c code (same as used by ldview?) that finds the ldrawdir and prints it out on the command line. (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) A note on those run-time libraries. LDView doesn't require them because I have selected Multi-threaded (/MT) as the Runtime Library on the C/C++ -> Code Generation preference section (instead of the default of Multi-threaded DLL (MD)). This (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) Thanks Travis! Another gem. I've changed LPub and LSynth to use /MT. Kevin (16 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) I'd like the LDrawIni.c code and executable very much. I'll cut a new release once I've got the parts install stuff working. I think the LSynth parts should go in unofficial. Anyone object? Kevin (16 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) LDrawIni.c/LDrawIni....DrawIniP.h are all in the LDLoader directory of the LDView source tree. As far as I know, the files in LDView match the ones Lars has (although he may now have newer version). I was able to convince him to incorporate (...) (16 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) You're welcome. One word of warning, though. QT probably uses the DLL version of the run-time library by default, so you need to make sure you build it to use the static version in addition to setting that option on the LPub project itself. (...) (16 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) You can find the LDrawIni.c code in the svn repository here: (URL) I can't seem to upload web page updates to the sourceforge. Apparently they changed things around again and I'm getting a "permission denied" error when I try to use scp. Oh (...) (16 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) Kevin, if they go into Unofficial no call for MKlist is required since MLCad and LDView load them anyway when the paths are set. At this point you might think about a <LDrawDIR>\LSynth or <LDrawDIR>\Unofficial\LSynth folder. People using (...) (16 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) I've read about setting the path for unofficial parts in the MLCad.ini but haven't been able to figure out how to do this for LDview. Can anyone point me to a link on how to do this? For now I'm using MPDWizard to include all unofficial parts (...) (16 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) In LDView, use the File->Extra Dirs menu item to add to LDView's parts search path. --Travis (16 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) I have a setup program (for a product at work) that is doing more or less exactly this (asking for an extra folder, where the default value is found by searching the registry). It was quite a long time ago that I wrote it, so I may need some (...) (16 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) Thanks! Jetro (16 years ago, 5-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) Hi Kevin & co, I just tried to install LSynth and ran into two problems. I did go through the tutorial and troubleshooting page, but couldn't find anything about it. The first problem is that it seems that not all necessary parts are included (...) (16 years ago, 14-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) I can quickly address the second issue. After I released it, I recalled that MLCad seemed to assume that LSynth was installed in something like <blah>\bin\lsynthcp.exe. I remember being disturbed by this choice at at the time, because it (...) (16 years ago, 16-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) LS02.dat is included in this package: (URL) make sure you also download the newest LSynth.mpd from: (URL) (16 years ago, 17-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) But I did... that is, the release I downloaded a few days ago did it automatically, so I do have <blah>\bin\lsynthcp.exe. I tried also to remove it out of bin, rename it to LSynth.exe (as I saw on a screenshot in Willy's tutorial), but nothing (...) (16 years ago, 17-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) So, tried to do a fresh install of more than just LSynth, and it now works like a charm! It helped to have the newest MLCAD *blush*. No idea on how I managed to still have 3.11 installed. Sorry guys! Cheers, Matija (15 years ago, 26-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) I'm glad it worked! Kevin (15 years ago, 26-Mar-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net  [DAT]

(...) Hi Willy, The recent ldraw part update seems to have remotivated me a bit and so I found myself (finally) with some time to examine the lingering problems with the tread synthesis. Starting with the TECHNIC_CHAIN_TREAD_38 as seen here: (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 7-May-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) Hi Don, excellent news! I also plan to move the 3.0 betatest page to its permanent location at holly-wood.it adding download for the constraints and the latest LSynth.mpd so your efforts come at the right time. w. (15 years ago, 7-May-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net  [DAT]

(...) Hi there. I've spent the last few days upgrading to the new version of LSynth, and I've come across some things that are just wierd. Something seems to be going wrong with band-type syntheses - an example will best demonstrate: I have the (...) (15 years ago, 3-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net  [DAT]

(...) Everything is fine here: 0 Untitled 0 Name: LSynthtest.ldr 0 Author: Owen Dive 0 Unofficial Model 0 SYNTH BEGIN RUBBER_BAND 2 0 SYNTH SHOW 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom" 0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0 0 MLCAD HIDE 1 7 132 -16 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 (...) (15 years ago, 3-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) The good news is that your head is ok. The bad news is that it appears as if some band synthesis debugging code managed to sneak into the 3.0 release of lsynth. Fortunately a 3.1 release is in the works, due real soon now... If you really, (...) (15 years ago, 3-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) Llooking forward to 3.1 I've seen there are at least two Mac OS X builds of LSynth available. Is there also a Linux version anywhere? Jetro (15 years ago, 3-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) I don't think anyone ever made a linux executable available, but it should be easy to build it from the sources. So I'll try to package up a source tarball to match the next release once it's out. (15 years ago, 4-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) That's a relief! How odd that this doesn't appear to affect others Thanks Owen. (15 years ago, 4-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3 available on kclague.net

(...) Thanks in advance! Jetro (15 years ago, 4-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)