 CAD / 15291
  LPub4 Alpha3 available

Hi All, With help from friends, I've got a properly built version of LPub4 that installs simply and properly. No extra libraries. Those who used LPub4 Alpha1 found some minor bugs, but in general LPub4 Alpha is in pretty good shape. With LPub4 you (...) (16 years ago, 14-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote: (snip) (...) Woot! I'm looking forward to downloading this as soon as I get home from work tonight! -Joel (16 years ago, 14-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

Well, I haven't tried it on a clean machine yet (one without VC++ 2008), but I have tried it on my main machine, and it seems pretty good overall. I did find a few minor problems. Every time you browse for LDView.exe, it automatically checks the (...) (16 years ago, 14-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

OK, I tried it on a clean machine, and it does indeed work. I did find a few more problems, though: If you hit cancel during LDraw directory selection, it just comes back again (repeatedly). (This machine didn't have LDraw, so I tried to cancel; I (...) (16 years ago, 14-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) I download and installed, and when I run it, I get the error message "The dynamic link library MSVCR90.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\Program Files\Lpub4alpha1;.;...stem32..." C:\Lpub4alpha1 is the path I chose to install to. (...) (16 years ago, 15-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) THis has already been fixed. (...) I should let the user have a lot more than 1 decimal place. (...) I'll fix that. (...) (16 years ago, 15-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Are you sure you're using the alpha 3 installer posted two posts up, and not the alpha 1 installer Kevin posted the other day? The directory name you chose implies that you used the alpha 1. I ran the alpha 3 on a system that as far as I know (...) (16 years ago, 15-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Scratch that. That was due to a screw-up on my part. I somehow managed to install LDView 3.1 instead of LDView 3.2. After installing LDView 3.2, it works fine. --Travis (16 years ago, 15-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

Hi, I get an error : Unable to execute file: C:\Program Files\LPub\lpub.exe CreateProcess failed; code 14001 ... What are the requirements to run LPub ? My OS is Windows XP SP1. Erik (16 years ago, 15-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

Hi, I got the same error with Windows XP SP3. Didier (16 years ago, 15-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hi Eric, First I would like to conform that you are using Alpha3 instead of Alpha1. The problems you are having sound like the issues Alpha1 had. Alpha 3 has need for msvcr90.dll and comctl32.dll, plus a myriad of other libraries in the (...) (16 years ago, 15-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) I missed the previous posts about alpha1... With the package described here (URL) now LPub alpha4 is running :) Now I have to play with it. Thanks :) Erik (16 years ago, 15-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) I had the same problem. Downloading and installing that Microsoft stuff did the trick. (16 years ago, 16-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

Wow! I am blown away and simply love the "WYSIWYG" display for the pages. Though I concider myself an experienced LPub user, this adds the user friendlyness we´ve al been waiting for. Thanks a lot for all your effort you put in this, Kevin! I will (...) (16 years ago, 16-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) And the first thing I am really exited about is the way you can add pointers to your callouts! Amazing! I cannot seem to force the steps in a callout to be packed horizontally using the LPUB CALLOUT HORIZONTAL meta command though. (16 years ago, 16-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hi Jaco, Thanks so much for the entheusiastic response to LPub 4! I theory, if you place your cursor over a step in the callout, then right click, a popup menu should appear. One of the menu items is either: "Display as rows", or "Display as (...) (16 years ago, 16-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Right! Found that. Tnx! (16 years ago, 16-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) This has been fixed. (...) This has been fixed. (...) (16 years ago, 17-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

Hey Kevin, First impression is great! It works really smooth. I've a few questions though: *When I change the scale, it changes the 'zoom' of the step image, but not the dimensions. I've looked in all the settings dialogues but I can't seem to make (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) I would agree. I've never had a chance to try LPub before, but recently I've been experimenting with the Mac version (built from (URL) Sourceforge> for now) and I'm quite pleased with what I've been able to create: (URL) Some other experiments (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

Jim, I am impressed. Very nice instructiins and model too BTW. What I whould like to know though is how you created the PDF landscape format. I am making instructions too, but I only manage to create portrait pages with the landscape format on the (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hi Jaco, That problem sounds familiar. I reported the same thing, and Kevin fixed the bug. Perhaps it was only fixed on the Mac side, or maybe you have a slightly older version of LPub? In any case, I just set 11 for width and 8.5 for height (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hi Ronald, Thanks for trying the new LPub. Which method did you use for changing scale? The application menu has a Configure menu. The Assembly sub-menu has a Scale control that sets the scale before the first step, which means it applies to (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hi Ronald, Thanks for trying the new LPub. Which method did you use for changing scale? The application menu has a Configure menu. The Assembly sub-menu has a Scale control that sets the scale before the first step, which means it applies to (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hi Ronald, Thanks for trying the new LPub. Which method did you use for changing scale? The application menu has a Configure menu. The Assembly sub-menu has a Scale control that sets the scale before the first step, which means it applies to (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hello Kevin. This version still seems to depend on MSVCR90.dll which isn't included in the setup. The failure message is: ---...--- C:\Program Files\LPub\lpub.exe ---...--- C:\Program Files\LPub\lpub.exe This application has failed to start (...) (16 years ago, 21-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hey Jim! These look great! Kevin (16 years ago, 22-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hi Jaco, In case I forgot to mention it, LPub 4 only currently handles DPI. According to the page sizes that Qt supports, A4 is approximately 8.5 and 11.0. The page sizes you used are in centimeters? LPub performs a best fit match of the (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hi Ronald, I used the Configuration->Callout Setup dialog and was able to stop Callouts from having PLis. Did you try it this way, or did you type it in manually? Kevin (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) OK. I tested the results using 11.0 by 8.5 which results in a landscape page fitting the page area. Unfortunately my design does not fit anymore, but I guess I have to edit it to get a landscape result. Back to the drawing board for me, I say! (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) I'd start with Assem Setup and Parts List Setup and reduce the scale. Kevin (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Too late :-( I have redesigned the complete layout and am however more satified with it then with the previous version. So I guess I was lucky with this bug ;-) (16 years ago, 26-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hi Jaco, Just curious.... How many total steps in the model (i.e. how many pages before you did any step groups or callouts)? How many pages after laying out the BIs with LPub 4? How long did it take to layout the BIs? Kevin (16 years ago, 26-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) I've just had a play and its looking good (after downloading the MS stuff) I have used it once before and its come on a long way since then. Two issues -Would it be possible to have a imperial/metric option for page size? -I have four (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) It had 111 steps (thus pages). Now it has 44! It took about 2 to 3 hours to layout the basics and another hour or so to fine tune. All in all about 3 to 4 hours, I guess. Modelling it (creating the MPD) took many more hours though. If you take (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Having played some more it seems that LPub takes the first orientation of the submodel in it callout from its orientation within the model. It then follows any rotstep commands relative to that first orientation. This would be the reason for (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Yes, this is part of the plan. (...) LPub has to consider the rotation matrix for each submodel. If the rotation matrix includes negative numbers, then we're talking about mirror images which should not be put together in one callout. (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote: SNIP (...) Had a look and yes. I'n not sure quite why though, the sub model in question consists of 2 headlight bricks side by side with a 1x2 grill tile across the two side studs. It is used with the grill (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Actually, the matrix can have negative coefficients without being a mirror. If I remember correctly, mirror detection is a matter of checking if the determinant of the matrix is positive or negative. If the determinant is negative, then the (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) You remember correctly. A 90 or 270 degree rotation will have a negative and positive coefficient off the diagonal while a 180 will have two negatives on the diagonal. Tim (16 years ago, 28-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Firstly, I am seriously impressed with this Alpha version of LPub. Usability is fabulous - I was never a big user of previous versions but I'm already hooked by this release. One thing I'm curious about: how did Jim include the cover page for (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Hi Martin, Thanks so much for the feedback about LPub 4. Jim used a separate tool to add the cover page to his instructions. INSERT meta is not yet supported in LPub4. Arbitrary pages, bill of materials, inserting pictures, and reserving space (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Ah right, thanks Kevin. As I said, it's a great tool already and you sound like you have great plans for it too. Martin (16 years ago, 2-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 Alpha3 available

(...) Yeah, I cheated a bit. I made the cover page in a separate program and added it to the instructions PDF with (URL) PDFLab>. It sounds like great things are still in store for LPub, which is neat because it's already come so far. Jim (16 years ago, 2-Jul-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)