 CAD / 15281
Re: I had to get something out before Brickworld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:33:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
Never mind.  I'm pretty sure that the answer is that you do have the VC++ 2008
runtime libraries installed, because when I install them, LPub works.  Anyone
else that can't get LPub to launch can download the runtime libraries from
Microsft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF

Please note that the LPub installer does include the runtime library DLLs, but
for VC++ 2005 and beyond, simply having the DLLs in the directory with the
application isn't sufficient (at least not in XP; it might work fine in Windows
2000).  They have to be installed using Microsoft's installer.  This can be
added to a future LPub installer, or LPub can switch to using the static
versions of these libraries, which don't require them to be installed.

You seem to be right. I tried LPub4 on a XP machine with VC++2008, and on a W2k
one without it, it works in both cases.

Philo