 CAD / 15156
Re: New primitives?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2008 02:48:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
   In addition to the unit capped cylinder I suggested here http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=6310 I’d also like to see some truncated disc and ndis primitives, like the red ones shown below (the truncated disc can also be seen as a half chrd primitive).

This would help building many rounded shapes more and more common in LEGO parts. They would mostly be useful in 48 version to have enough smoothness.

What do you think? how should we name these primitives?

Philo

There are already circle chord and tangent primitives on the parts tracker. You would just need to add a couple of triangles to get the ones you’re proposing.

See:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=p/48/1-4chrd.dat

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=p/1-4tang.dat