 CAD / 15155
Re: New primitives?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:18:20 GMT

I think I can follow your thoughts. Have you tried that (48/1-8tdisc) already in
some items with different curvatures? If yes and you have found out that this
can also be used without dramatically mathematics (I prefer to use triangles so
I can see that the points are correct) then I will vote on that part.

If we decide yes for this, then I think we also should create the opposite part.

Mathematics to use 1-8tdisk is easy, divide the width by 0.707  and height by
0.293 (1-(sqrt(2)/2) to get size of the tdisk. Move the center accordingly.
Yes I have used that trick several times, using regular disc/ndis primitives,
inlining them and editing out the "spike". I'll create them next time I need
them...

Philo