 CAD / 15151
Re: New primitives?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:10:36 GMT

Please let me have some example where they are useful. I found during
authoring parts that, just for rounded parts, you would need lots of such
truncated primitives, but they would need to be truncated anywhere and not
only the way this new primitives would be. So I think this can result in
much, much more primitives and I think this is not useful. But I am open for
discussion.

A few examples where I would use the 48\1-8tdisc (to use Travis naming
suggestion):
58135s01 (rounded sides), 464s01, 54096, 61068

For the 48\1-8tndis (less useful I agree), an example would be 3455.

In many case you can stretch a bit the primitive to match the shape you want, so
only a few usual fractions are needed. And they match the cylinders and edges
primitives so they would make several files more compact and elegant.

Philo