 CAD / 15149
Re: New primitives?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:00:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
   In addition to the unit capped cylinder I suggested here http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=6310 I’d also like to see some truncated disc and ndis primitives, like the red ones shown below (the truncated disc can also be seen as a half chrd primitive).

This would help building many rounded shapes more and more common in LEGO parts. They would mostly be useful in 48 version to have enough smoothness.

What do you think? how should we name these primitives?

Philo

Please let me have some example where they are useful. I found during authoring parts that, just for rounded parts, you would need lots of such truncated primitives, but they would need to be truncated anywhere and not only the way this new primitives would be. So I think this can result in much, much more primitives and I think this is not useful. But I am open for discussion.

cu mikeheide