 CAD / 12042
Re: Partsref DAT download problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 01:03:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Darrell Urbien wrote:
   So... You’re saying the solution to my problem is just don’t use Partsref at all? “Doctor Doctor it hurts when I do this?”

Something like that. I was saying more on the basis that if you’re already involving Peeron in your search process, there’s no point in using that information to hunt the parts down in another database when Peeron already provides direct links for any part that has been through the approval process.

   I’m trying to figure out if this link problem a real problem, or just something funky with our systems?

Dunno for sure, since I’ve only used Partsref on one or two occassions. After reading this, though, it sounds like Partsref has more than a few problems. One way to figure out if this particular problem is on your end or Partsref’s would be to compare the URLs that the two different links send you to. If they’re the same, it’s on your end. If it’s different, it’s another Partsref problem. Perhaps the two search avenues provide DAT links from different sources, be it a local database, hard-coded into each page, or ported over from LDraw.org.