 CAD / 12049
Re: Partsref DAT download problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:21:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Darrell Urbien wrote:
   Hi, can’t seem to get this answered privately, so I’ll try here... :)

Sorry, I must have missed your email?

I sent several messages to parts@lraw.org about this, and about how to become authorized to submit my AutoCAD/SolidWorks-created parts. I used the link at ldraw.org that says, “email Steve Bliss or Chris Dee” for both questions.. No problem, though, as suspected LUGNET provides all the answers! :)

   We have NEVER been able to get Parts tracker to work (always says, “Library subdirectory must be included in the filename” I have no idea what that means).

It means “the file you asked for isn’t on the PT”.

Ahh.. Thanks for that. Perhaps that could be added to the error message to make it more clear? Right now a casual visitor gets the impression the part may exist, just not in the place you specified (since you don’t know the correct subdirectory)..

Thanks,

Darrell