 CAD / 12046
Re: Partsref DAT download problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:33:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, David Laswell wrote:

   Okay, the search result tries to link you to .../dat/3001.dat and the Brick category entry correctly links you to .../parts/3001.dat. I’d guess the category pages are hard-coded, since they’re HTML, while the search results probably pull info from an independant database. I’m wondering if there was some sort of file restructuring at LDraw.org that caused all of the searchable links to be obsolete.

Yes, the location of the DAT files changed on ldraw.org -- about 3 or 4 years ago. For awhile, we had fixed it by telling the webserver to forward the URLs. But that forwarding must have been lost when we migrated to Peeron’s server.

I fixed the link in the script that builds the .html pages for Partsref, but we never updated the search script (which produces the links on the search results page).

Steve