 CAD / *42565 (-20)
  Looking for 2 x 6 wing right & left in LDraw

Got the following to questions today on the LDraw Help Desk and I can't find an answer other than "It appears not." but that is a bit strange. ------- The left and right can be a visa versa case but any who. I have not found any of the two parts in (...) (17 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: searching for Electric Train 4.5V Automatic Pole Reverser Brick 4 x 9 with Magnet Holder and Sma  [DAT]

(...) I've made a mockup by modifying Niels Karsdorp's 2x4 magnet holder (Niels, sorry for hacking your part). This is one of my first experiments with parts modifying, sorry for any mistakes. Feel free to correct it and upload it to parts tracker. (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  searching for Electric Train 4.5V Automatic Pole Reverser Brick 4 x 9 with Magnet Holder and Small Blue Train Magnet

Does anybody has a DAT-file for: Electric Train 4.5V Automatic Pole Reverser Brick 4 x 9 with Magnet Holder and Small Blue Train Magnet (URL) a mockup would work. Thanks in advance cu mikeheide (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  stl2dat and scale problems

Hey all I hope someone out there can help me out. I have created a 3D model of "bb280 (sword)" using Autodesk Inventor. I built it using metric dimensions. I have made a stl file from it. Using the stl2dat program I get a dat model but the size is (...) (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Edger tutorial

Edger is a tool written in Java by Lee Gaiteri. It allows to create conditional lines between adjacent facets, and regular edge lines on outside (unmatched) facets. Written by part author J.C Tchang, (URL) is a tutorial, on its use and setup. Philo (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  New LDraw part author tool: PlanarCheck

(2 URLs) PlanarCheck> helps you verify that all quads of a part file are planar enough to fulfill LDraw.org Parts Tracker requirements. While a triangle is always flat, a quad may be warped. This can yield weird rendering results, as exemplified by (...) (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  mpd-file for current set 7998  [DAT]

Below please find the current set 7998 as mpd file You will find it also next year on my OMR pages (URL) (I believe meanwhile the page with the largest number of models with mpd file download on the internet!) cu mikeheide 0 FILE main.ldr 0 7998-07 (...) (17 years ago, 26-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved

(...) Merry Christmas to you, too. Don't be afraid to ask, we're happy to help each other- 1) Sounds like you postprocess pov-files. Absolutely nothing wrong with that! We've had some discussions here on lugnet.cad and both ways have their pros and (...) (17 years ago, 25-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved

(...) Thanks, Travis and Tore. I'm able to render something now. But I'm afraid I have some more questions. 1) how do you incorporate the new "lit" part from datshine into a povray file of a model containing several pieces? Would I just find that (...) (17 years ago, 25-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved

(...) Actually, autoexec.bat only works in DOS/Windows9x/WindowsME. In NT/Win2K/XP/Vista, you set environment variables via the System Control Panel. In XP, the following will work (and may work in NT/Win2K/Vista): Bring up the System Control Panel (...) (17 years ago, 24-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved

(...) Hi Matt, I'm glad you find my project interesting. It's been down due to an assumed HD crash (that fortunately turned out to be no more than just a loose cable!) but after the Holidays, I'll pick it up again. Before running datshine, please (...) (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved

Hi Tore, I've been following what you've been doing with great interest, and have some exciting ideas using your datshine program. However, I can't seem to get it to work. I've downloaded the program and extracted it to my LDraw directory. I run it (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM closes in a week

"Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote in message news:JtGwC5.7K4@lugnet.com... (...) month the LDRAW files posted there are from? There's no indication at all which month the visitor is looking at just by clicking, and people that bookmark (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Submission for MOTM/SOTM/POTM closes in a week

Hi folks, we still seek some entries for the MOTM/POTM contest: (URL) currently have 4 entries for the MOTM, 3 for the POTM and many for the SOTM. As you might know we will run these contests only if there are a minimum of five entries. Please (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Re: renderer.dll

(...) Why should it be so complicate. I think about a DLL that gets only some informations like: Filename(to render),LDrawPath, LDConfigPath, BackgroundColor, DefaultColor and hDC for output. All other stuff should be done in a black box. This would (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: renderer.dll

(...) I just have tested this option and the result is that all stood still and can only be closed. This shut down then the complete GUI of VB5. Thats my first feedback for this. In general I would like more a dll or whatever, that I can show also (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: renderer.dll

(...) Windows isn't really made for parenting other processes into another window. Many things seem to work, but sooner or later you stumble over something that doesn't, and there's no workaround. Also, it is not at all obvious that all the users of (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: renderer.dll

(...) There's actually another alternative, and that would be to use LDView.exe itself. There's been code in LDView for a long time that is designed to allow an LDView renderer to show up as a child window of another program. It was never completed, (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: renderer.dll

(...) The best bet (and one option I've been eying for a while) is LDView. It's source is open and it's written generically enough that it could be completely cross platform. -Orion (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

  How can I fix this bugged fractal landscape MLCAD generated?

I generated a scene of a small amount of fractal landscape in MLCAD, however, there is a problem with some illegally generated bricks which have been placed to intersect other bricks, of course that's impossible to do with real LEGO. Is there a (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact