 CAD / 15014
Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2007 04:09:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:
   Before running datshine, please enter: C:LDRAW\set LDRAWDIR=C:LDRAW in the same command window. If this fix works, you may edit C:autoexec.bat by adding the line set LDRAWDIR=C:LDRAW and reboot. Then you won’t need to enter this environment string anymore.

Actually, autoexec.bat only works in DOS/Windows9x/WindowsME. In NT/Win2K/XP/Vista, you set environment variables via the System Control Panel. In XP, the following will work (and may work in NT/Win2K/Vista):
  • Bring up the System Control Panel (holding down the Windows/Start key and then hitting Pause/Break is a shortcut to this.)
  • Go to the Advanced tab.
  • Click on the Environment Variables button.
  • Click on either New button (top one for just your user, or the bottom one for all users).
  • Enter LDRAWDIR as the variable name.
  • Enter the path to LDraw as the variable value.
  • Hit OK.
  • Hit OK again.
  • Hit OK again.
--Travis

Thanks, Travis and Tore. I’m able to render something now. But I’m afraid I have some more questions.

1) how do you incorporate the new “lit” part from datshine into a povray file of a model containing several pieces? Would I just find that part that i want lit within the model and replace it with in the new definition? and if so which text in the povray file would I copy and paste?

and

2) Is it possible to light in different colors besides yellow?

anyways, hope I’m not asking too much, since you are offering all your work and your program free of charge. Look forward to hearing from you after christmas, and merry christmas to you!

-matt