 CAD / 14928
New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2007 08:46:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I have decided to set aside at least one hour a day to the project I just
started today by writing this post.

The three main goals are:
1. Create a short animation, using the tools mentioned in the subject line
above.
2. Write a diary that explains all steps in the making of the "movie".
3. By showing how simple it can be, inspiring *YOU* to use the tools available
to start creating LEGO CGI (LDraw-GI!) animations!

I have decided to use:
* DatShine to create all lights of the scene
* LDA as the animtion engine
* PreL3P to improve L3P's colors
* L3P to convert the frames from LDraw to POV format
* And POV-Ray v3.5 to render the frames

I haven't decided yet what program I will use to put together the frames into a
video file. My current hardware and software setup effectiveliy restrains from
makling big and impressive clips.

I have a very good freeware program to add sounds to avi files - somewhere...!

But I rest assured that those two details will be solved one way or the other.
Maybe someone with more powerful hard- and software wants to volunteer to
compile the frame BMP's into a video clip? Or maybe I'll have to ask for help in
the BrickFilms community. Time will tell.

I haven't yet decided what name this project will have, but to begin with, I
name it AnimProj. My first public request in probable a long row is: Anyone come
up with a better name?

I hope it will be possible and doable that Lugnet people can join this project.
Or maybe it's more realistic that the next project, that will be more ambitious
and with more substance, will be a real joint project. As for now, I guess only
I know what needs to be done and so on.

Anyway, welcome to follow my and hopefully join my project!

The url for now is:
http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDraw/AnimProj/
(While I'm writing this post, the web folder is still empty)

/Tore