 CAD / 15387
Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 09:11:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Matt Wagner wrote:

Hi Tore,
I've done some digging with Datshine again recently and came up with some
interesting renders using your program.  I was able to make the equivalent
dat files in other colors by copying your examples in L46 and L47 to make a
light blue version, L41.  This, along with changing the constant multiplied
in front of the RGB of the code for that file in pov-ray to a bigger number
has allowed me to create a lightsaber for a star wars vignette with some
bright looking ambient light from the saber itself!

here's a link to the renders:
http://flickr.com/photos/jedimasterwagner/sets/72157606060131284/

just thought you'd be interested to see some of the neat things your program
can do.  thanks, matt wagner

Yeah! SW Light sabres! Such a brilliant idea. The only bad thing is: Why didn't
I think of it first? ;)

You may wish to replace the official 16-edged minifig heads with perfetly round
ones, too: http://web.telia.com/~u66203131/LDraw/inlinepov/
Some more in my 16 replies to this post: http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=2808

/Tore