 CAD / 15013
Re: New Project: DatShine, LDA, PreL3P, L3P, And POV Involved
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:54:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:
   Before running datshine, please enter: C:LDRAW\set LDRAWDIR=C:LDRAW in the same command window. If this fix works, you may edit C:autoexec.bat by adding the line set LDRAWDIR=C:LDRAW and reboot. Then you won’t need to enter this environment string anymore.

Actually, autoexec.bat only works in DOS/Windows9x/WindowsME. In NT/Win2K/XP/Vista, you set environment variables via the System Control Panel. In XP, the following will work (and may work in NT/Win2K/Vista):
  • Bring up the System Control Panel (holding down the Windows/Start key and then hitting Pause/Break is a shortcut to this.)
  • Go to the Advanced tab.
  • Click on the Environment Variables button.
  • Click on either New button (top one for just your user, or the bottom one for all users).
  • Enter LDRAWDIR as the variable name.
  • Enter the path to LDraw as the variable value.
  • Hit OK.
  • Hit OK again.
  • Hit OK again.
--Travis