 CAD / *37995 (-20)
  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Mine settings are movement Large Move(XYZ)=10 Rotate(XYZ)=22.5 Medium Move(XYZ)=1 Rotate(XYZ)=15 Fine Move(XYZ)=0.001 Rotate(XYZ)=0.5 I spend most of my time in Medium and do ultrafine adjustments in Fine. I do occasionally (namely when (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Our lurking friend WIlly Tschager mentioned that he has a tutorial on rotations in MLCad. www.holly-wood.it/ml...on-en.html It looks good Willy! Thanks! Kevin (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Admittedly, I have oft wished for the ability to create custom rotation buttons so I could make X,Y,Z buttons for 11.25,15,22.5,27.125,30 and 45 degree rotations to accomodate the rotation angles of various technic parts... But I still love (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) It oughtn't be too hard to do that. You just use the pin to define your normal vector and then just work backwards from the projection to work out the rotation matrix. I noticed today that MLCad already seems to have a routine to calculate (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) But, rotations are limited to parallel to the X,Y and Z planes, so I don't think you are addressing what I'm talking about. Imagin you had an axle that is at 45 degrees in the XY plane, and you have a biped leg you want to rotate around the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

Lars C. Hassing schrieb: (...) snip (...) Can this also be done if the sticker is larger than one part? And what will be with the seam in the "sub-part"? Mikeheide (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Blacktron Wallpaper

I am working on a short animated movie using the Blacktron sets. I finished working on the Renegade (6954) and did a test render. The image was rendered complete in Bryce with no post work. This is a still image from the animation I am working (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Yes, submodels are also a great way to go. The trick is getting them added with the proper orientation with respect to the pin/axle to which you are attaching. This is the same with groups. Kevin (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

I personally use Submodels a lot for rotated sections. If you place the rotation pin/point at origo in the submodel, you can leave the rotation point at "parts origin" when you insert it in the level above. If there's something at an odd angle in (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) No new META commands are neccessary, the CATEGORY metacommand is already in place. The sticker should have either a "0 CATEGORY Sticker" line or "Sticker" as the first word in the part name, therefore all stickers are readily indentifiable to (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) The L-386 can be attached to one 2x8 brick on the tail of the helicopter, but following the instructions the sticker is attached halfway both 2x8 bricks. What happens in your test, when you add one tile and the sticker into a subfile and leave (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Select the part you want it to pivot around then select the rest. It will always pivot around the pivot point of the first item selected. (...) You can make it visible and draggable with the mouse. (...) Down 2 LDU :) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) Well, I just tried Niels's L-386 on top of two 2x2 tiles, all three parts put into a subfile. However, this construction failed to generate a seam between the two tiles. The subfile trick only works (or works best) if the sticker is applied to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Buffer Exchange artifact in LPub

(...) P.S. However, if you change anything in MLCad after this to the arrow, the triangles and quadrangles the arrow is made of are unghosted again :-( (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) Yes, this is clearly a bug. I've never used stickers, gotta try it. (...) I don't think the problem can be solved automatically. Well, avoiding the sticker disappearing can. But simply not applying seams or only applying seams in any dimension (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Buffer Exchange artifact in LPub

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:IHo9q8.21Ir@lugnet.com... (...) Let's hope this will be soon? What other fixes / changes / additions are there to come to MLCad? (...) Right. So, what I did was change this bit: (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Hi Eduardo, All the models I enter are technic. Compared to brick building, technic is much harder. With the standard bricks, everthing is turned multiples of 90 degrees, and studs line up parallel to the x,y, or z axis. Jaco is right, it (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Buffer Exchange artifact in LPub

(...) Yes, but Michael has agreed that he implemented ghosted arrows incorrectly, and we're waiting for a fix. 0 GHOST has always only applied to the remainder of the line. In Michael's implementation of GHOST and arrows, he GHOSTs the arrow (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Who is UR on Brickshelf

(...) images from BMP to JPG or some other smaller format? :-) The bitmaps take ages to load! I am not a train person, but I think these models and renderings are great! Jaco (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Hi Eduardo, Technic models are complex to design, build and draw. What is it you find difficult? Maybe if you ask some specific questions, I (or someone else) can help you. Creating a tutorial however is a lot of work. I think you would be (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact