 CAD / *28240 (-20)
  Re: Mesh to Ldraw converter

(...) There's MAX2DAT a 3D Studio max to Ldraw format available at LDraw.org Also there's DXF2DAT and STL2DAT -Orion (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Mesh to Ldraw converter

Is there any utility which would take a 3D mesh (3DS,OBJ,DXF,etc..), and convert it to an Ldraw file (in 1x2 brick or 1x1 plate resolution)? ---Will (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw and 3DS

It only seems to import ldraw files : ( Is there anything already written that'll take a 3ds mesh and turn it into ldraw triangles/quads ? I'm tempted to write one if there isn't : ) -JSM "Gary Blessing" <blessing@icefog.net> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Problems with new part and S\3069BS01.DAT

(...) Confirmed! Well spotted. Any non-scaling reference to a part is shrunk, except if the reference is from a part. A part is currently defined as a file located in PARTS. "s\3069bs01.dat" (as a path) is located in PARTS. When the new part was in (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Incomplete parts

(...) Back in the days when these parts were released we had neither the Parts Tracker nor the tools to view these parts critically. Acceptance was based on a majority vote, and "no" votes did get over-ruled. Now, the certification process is more (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  More on MegaPov

Hi all, A few days after my post about MegaPov 0.7 a new version was released, compatible with POV-Ray 3.5. So to a certain point that post was a bit pointless. I have downloaded MegaPov 1.0 (MP1.0) for both Macintosh and Windows but only tested it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lines in patterns

(...) You don't actually have to draw them last. Just offset them in the Z buffer a bit toward the camera. It's cheap, and fast, and I think it looks pretty good. Opengl does it for you with glPolygonOffset but you can examine some homemade code (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lines in patterns

(...) Many renderers do transparency in a great looking way, that is not compatible with original LDraw... Think of the LDraw format as a 3D format usable in many contexts. It should not be tied to ONE implementation. Suppose we could increase (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Incomplete parts

(...) Idunno, but the lines in these pattens have totally wrong colors, and I doubt that in these cases lines are needed at all. /Tore (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lines in patterns

(...) Why should a renderer *NOT* draw lines last? Original LDraw did (IMMSMR). Better fix the renderers once than to burden the part authors with yet another META command each time they make a patterned part. Those lines in patterns served a good (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lines in patterns

(...) The lines are there to have something drawn when the polygon would otherwise be too small to be rendered (at low magnification). Personally I don't like them in the present form, because they rely on renderers to draw objects in a certain (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Incomplete parts

When making lots of parts BFC compliant I noticed that some parts are incomplete. 2463.dat : Inside faces are missing! 2464.dat : Inside faces are missing! How could these parts be certified? ;-) And another question: 2431p02.dat : Shouldn't this (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Lines in patterns

When making lots of parts BFC compliant I noticed that many parts have lines in the patterns. Most of these lines are surrounded by polygons. What is the use of lines in (flat) patterns? (L3P/POV ignore lines, right?) Am I right if I think that (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldraw and 3DS

Hello, Have you tried 3DWin? (URL) Schad" <sschad@schadlaw.com> wrote in message news:H7zqsz.n3u@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winner for December 2002

Huzzah! Sorry for the delay... Holidays and all. MOTM for December is Jeff Kiser's "Piano Keys". An intriguing concept, better explained now with Jeff's text. I wonder if it could actually work? SOTM is Peter Palfy's "Prison!". I like this scene. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: LDraw.org 2002-06 Parts Update Now Available

(...) Hello Eduardo, What is it exacly that you can't find ? The explanation below assumes that you already have installed the LDraw Package, if this is not the case, go to (URL) page (URL) inside the table named "Download Link" there are 3 links: (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Problems with new part and S\3069BS01.DAT

(...) Hmmm... Lars will have to give conformation of this but I think L3P was handling your part as a submodel. That would explain why the tile subpart was shrunk when it was in any other directory but the parts directory -Orion (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  LDRAW Viewer 0.4 problem

I think I did something else that you never anticipated :) select part select ³Change Part Name...² look up part number elsewhere accidentally click in LDRAW Viewer window off of brick when returning to LDRAW Viewer (deselect brick) enter part (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  brickdraw3d comments

Hi, I just had a chance to give BrickDraw3D 0.6 (Carbon) a quick look and here is what I noticed while running on a PB G3 400 640 MB RAM 8 MB VRAM on a 128 bit ATi Mobility graphics card. OS 10.2.3. BrickDraw3D 0.6 observations Rotation speed (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Problems with new part and S\3069BS01.DAT

In my problem description I didn't mention that I had actually included the part in an mlcad model, so effectively it was created as a Type 1 line. The solution to the problem though seems to have been removing the part from the ldraw models (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact