 CAD / 9116
Re: Lines in patterns
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:04:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Lars C. Hassing writes:

A META statement could signal their special purpose.
Renderers could treat them correctly, i.e. draw them lastly.
/Lars

Why should a renderer *NOT* draw lines last? Original LDraw did (IMMSMR).
Better fix the renderers once than to burden the part authors with yet
another META command each time they make a patterned part.

Those lines in patterns served a good purpose, and I think they still do:
http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/pix/compare.bmp (211 kb)

I suggest we leave them there.
/Tore