 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4399
Re: Problems with new part and S\3069BS01.DAT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:47:52 GMT

In my problem description I didn't mention that I had actually included the
part in an mlcad model, so effectively it was created as a Type 1 line. The
solution to the problem though seems to have been removing the part from the
ldraw models directory and moving it into the parts directory. Is it correct
to assume that l3p will not shrink full 'models' that it finds in that
directory, or something similar?

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky writes:
The explaination is that L3P shrinks all the parts/subparts (i.e. Type 1
lines) slightly for the seam width effect but it does not shrink
Quads/Triangles.  This usually isn't noticed since most files consist
entirely of Type 1 lines.  Turn off seam width and render the above code
again and you shouldn't get the overhang