 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2544
  New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

Dear Schleimers, after a break of nearly 18 month, I am proud to present my first new MOC from the train theme. As usual a lot of SNOT-technique is used to bring details into the boxy design of this typical fright car from the middle of the last (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.build.schleim) !!

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Nice car Ben. I really like the detail of the door hardware, very cool! jt (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.build.schleim)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Thanks for your feedback James! Maybe the best thing about these doors is: they really work and can be opened. www.brickshelf.com/g...opened.jpg The second waggon which I built last weekend is missing that..... Kind Regards, Ben (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.build.schleim)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) I dunno. *I* think the most difficult part of building one of these is saving up digger buckets till you have enough for a roof! Nice build. Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing! XFUT trains... (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Well, it is about time! You are a schleimer and a (URL) schlacker> :-) As for the MOC, I say, "Wie schön!" Your delicate schleiming creates a very elegant and realistic MOC. Ganz gut. I hope we don't have to wait another 18 months for your (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Hi Larry, they are not really rare and appear now and then on Bricklink in amount of dozens. And these are just the black ones. The grey ones are often much more expensive at bricklink and other market places. I was lucky enough to get nearly (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Hi John, I haven't been completly out of building, but I have been somewhat bored by trains and I felt under pressure at the same time, since the bar is that high in the meantime. I would never like to do a creation that is under average in (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

It won't be long until these "digger buckets" are not longer needed! Check out the inital concept for this VO1000 switcher (Yet another Turtle Creek MOC)... (2 URLs) The roof is made up of the new 1x3 rounded bricks (LDRaw #50950) that is used as (...) (19 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

They're also available in yellow (x2) in 8644 Street Maniac. I'd add it to Peeron but its got too many new parts and I've never quite worked out how to read the part numbers. Tim Gould [LEGOSet 8644] (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Nice design! Baldwins are severely under-represented in LEGO land. But a VO's easy, let's see you do a Sharknose! But what is "Irritated Vowel" and what did you do to irritate them? They seem to be holding one of your pictures hostage! LOL... (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Maybe it's some FRPA thing.... I thought you'd know! But I'm assuming it's the 'e' from Ben's fright car post which is so upset with Ben for forgetting it that it's run away to join the other irritated vowels at irritatedvowels.com. Legoswami (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Ooh. Good one, swami! I actually meant to riff on that missing e (maybe Mr. Sophie has it??? he seems to use a lot of them in his signatures!) of Ben's but didn't because it was just too easy. I'd rather slag Ben for tougher stuff. (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - roof

(...) Larry, Instead of using buckets for a roof (is it leaking?!), have you tried the 1 x 4 x 1 1/3 brick sideways? See my recent post in Trains: (URL) number 6191 Stuart (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: New MOC - roof

(...) I use that part (and its one long sibling) for a LOT of things including roofs but haven't tried sideways yet. I like roofs that come off, at least for passenger service, so that would be a consideration too. I don't see that part as any (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - roof

(...) Larry, remember these passenger cars: (URL) ones behing the steam engines. Using that part, offset by half, and connected with 2long notched axles, can give you a nice roof. Paul ps. I noticed I never posted about the latest frew trains I (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) LOL, and here I was thinking why Larry 'Pedant' Pieniazek didn't notice it :-P Eric's e wouldve been a nice one too. It's easier for him to spell ;-) (Okay, so that was mean, but I doubt he'll read it. But even if he does, I'm assuming that he (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) YOU are calling ME a pedant?? !! ?? YOU?? :-) Mr. "I think I spotted a bug in the ILTCO ToS" ??? Stop flattering me that way, people are already starting to say you're my sidekick or something, and kid, I don't work with sidekicks (1)... pot, (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Your'e the one who started the trend, so quit whining! I may have followed up, but your'e the sensai! YOU are the founder of FRPA (or CRAP, if you go by what John says), not ME! (...) HEY! IIR the last mail, YOU were asking ME what to do! (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

Much snippage for brevity and levity. (...) I'm whinging, not whining, there's a difference. (...) FWIW: you put the apostrophe character in the wrong place. Twice. Some pedant YOU are. (...) Just a mere member, not the founder... it's an orkut.com (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) But they will probably never come out in System grey. Only in $&%$! bley.... Ben (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) AH HA! According to dictionary.com: Whining: 1) To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint. 2) To complain or protest in a childish fashion. Whinging: 1) To complain or protest, (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Aww man, I thought we were done with this... Anyways, I've found a lovely train-related use for bley (That does NOT involve nailing some to the door to hold a garbage can) Stay tuned. Legoswami Samarth (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Sorry, but I am not done with bley. And hiding them behind the trash has been the so far only useful way to handle the topic for me. Ben the only bley I have used so far (the trashcan link): (URL) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.color)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Listen, the guy has a passion for opposing the color change, so don't rain on his parade. Personally, I am not happy with the change either, but I haven't the desire or energy to oppose it. If Ben and others do, than I say more power to them! (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) I have the same opinion you do. I was only *mildly* annoyed to see him talking about 'it' again, that's all. He even put it in his MOC post. Anyways, I'd rather not discuss this any further, as you mentioned when I pointed to Todd's 'Blay on' (...) (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) My head is spinning from these techniques. Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing the details. later, James Mathis (19 years ago, 9-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.build.schleim)

  Re: New MOC - fright car from the middle of the last century

(...) Well Jake, if you read this, can you make them also available in Light Grey and Dark Grey too? Would be nice for passenger car roofs. Regards, Ludo (...) (19 years ago, 13-Feb-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)