 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 145
    LRS —Mark Neumann
   I was fooling around and got an idea and got a great idea for engine feathers. Then as I was building a ship to fit the engines I wanted to see how small I could go. After a few rebuilds, and lots of 'whoosh' testing I have a ship. I call this ship (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.build) !

        Re: LRS —Kirby Warden
     The pics seem a bit dark, but looks like a good job to me!! Are those chain/conveyor links you used on the engines? How do you like that dark grey highlighting the red? I've been doing some experimenting on using the dark grey to highlight other (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —Mark Neumann
     (...) Thanks Kirby! Heh, I know, I'm learning. But the pics are getting better.... (...) Yep, that was the inspiration for this model. I was fooling around and put a solid ring around a mid sized gear, put an axle with a stud on one end through it, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: LRS —Tony Knaak
     Hey that looks like one cool racer!!! Vroom Vroom!!! I can also see you are have the same darn problem as me with the pics coming out a little too dark. We need to find a solution for this and SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD!!!! LOL In all honesty I think (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —Mark Neumann
     (...) Thank You Tony! I'll keep building as long as there are whooshes and zooms and schwaaaaaaas left in me. Mark (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —Kirby Warden
     In lugnet.space, Mark Neumann writes: <snip> (...) "schwaaaaaaas"? (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —Mark Neumann
     (...) Yeah, my rendition of ion engines, like the Tie fighters in Star Wars. (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —John Henry Kruer
     (...) Actually, if your LRS was an atmospheric craft, and it schwaaaaaaad, it wouldn't go anywere. To be realistic, an ion engine produces as much thrust in weight as a piece of paper, while a rocket uses thrust equal to the weight of a couple (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —Mark Neumann
      (...) Really? I didn't know that. But really as far as I'm concerned I don't care how it works, just as long as it sounds real cool. :) (...) So how do they work? (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —John Henry Kruer
     (...) That is the point, isn't it. :-) (...) Well, zenon (a gas) is shot out outof the inside wall of a chamber, along with electrons going through a cathode(or something like that) tube. The electrons knock of an electron from the zeneon gas, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: LRS —Duane Hess
     (...) Awesome! Lots of detail in a small package. The body has a sleek look to it and the engine feathers are a great innovation. Great model. -Duane (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —Mark Neumann
     Thanks Duane! Can't wait to see what comes of it though... I've fooled around with stacking the design with different sized gears, eh, looked ok. But someone out there, they got a plan. they just don't know it yet... Mark Neumann (URL) of the Snow (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: LRS —Gary Thomas
     (...) Very nice, solidly built. BTW, what are those brown 'flower-pot' looking pieces on the front of the engines from? Later, Gary (22 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —Mark Neumann
     Thanks Gary! The flower pot bits are actually dark grey and come from the UCS X-wing. The engine exaust end pieces. (George forgive me I can't remember the engine type, Ion? no, Fusion? Dang! Can't remember) Anyway, I love the things, personally (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: LRS —Kyle Keppler
     Weeeeeeerrrringggg... I like it. One gripe, the 4 dark grey and 2 light parts look outta place, but there's not much you could do about that, so all is good. And it is allways fun ot make something small to fly around the house right? (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —Mark Neumann
     (...) I almost diched the technic bits for that reason alone. I tried out the Dk Grey pins but they didn't hold like the Lt Grey ones. All we have to do is petition Lego to make more of the planters in different colors then all will be well. My (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: LRS —Mike Petrucelli
     (...) That is very cool looking. Just curious is it a fighter or a racer (or maybe both?) -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —Mark Neumann
     hey Mike! I see it as a fighter, very small silhouette and speed make it an awesome fighter. But the thing is so darn sleek, all you got to do is pop off the weapon pods and you got a racer. Increasing the speed about %6. Or that's what the little (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: LRS —Alexander Zwagerman
     Cool work, Mark! She looks fast and dangerous. Alexander. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

         Re: LRS —Mark Neumann
     (...) Indeed she is Alex, indeed she is. Thanks for the comments. Mark Neumann (URL) of the Snow Leopard Clan (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: LRS —Jon Palmer
   Thats a cool little ship. The trans blue looks pretty good with the red and dk gray. The links as feathers is a good idea. I'm jealous though cuz I don't have any links at all. ;-) I also dig the flower pots. Just never NEVER stick a 2x2 cone in (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: LRS —Mark Neumann
   (...) heh, I know exactly what you mean. (...) <snipped lots of good info> Thanks! I appreciate the help. I've been experimenting quite a bit with my art program and I think I'm getting better. The sad thing is where I shoot pics is indoors, on the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: LRS —Kyle Keppler
   That's your camera adjusting the white ballance. I get around this by increasing the the exposure in my pics, which makes everything brighter. You can also mess withe brightness/contrast in photoshop(or similar)... (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.space)