 Space / 13416
Re: LRS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:18:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Neumann writes:
In lugnet.space, Kirby Warden writes:
In lugnet.space, Mark Neumann writes:

<snip>

Thank You Tony!

I'll keep building as long as there are whooshes and zooms and schwaaaaaaas
left in me.

Mark

"schwaaaaaaas"?

Yeah, my rendition of ion engines, like the Tie fighters in Star Wars.

Actually, if your LRS was an atmospheric craft, and it schwaaaaaaad, it
wouldn't go anywere.  To be realistic, an ion engine produces as much thrust
in weight as a piece of paper, while a rocket uses thrust equal to the
weight of a couple warehouses full of paper.  Ion engines are next to
useless on planets. (I did a science report on them for school)

John Kruer