 Space / 13418
Re: LRS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:44:44 GMT

Actually, if your LRS was an atmospheric craft, and it schwaaaaaaad, it
wouldn't go anywere.  To be realistic, an ion engine produces as much thrust
in weight as a piece of paper,

Really?  I didn't know that.  But really as far as I'm concerned I don't
care how it works, just as long as it sounds real cool.  :)

while a rocket uses thrust equal to the
weight of a couple warehouses full of paper.  Ion engines are next to
useless on planets. (I did a science report on them for school)

So how do they work?