 Space / 13387
Re: LRS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:36:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kirby Warden writes:
The pics seem a bit dark, but looks like a good job to me!!

Thanks Kirby!
Heh, I know, I'm learning.  But the pics are getting better....

Are those chain/conveyor links you used on the engines?
Yep, that was the inspiration for this model.  I was fooling around and put
a solid ring around a mid sized gear, put an axle with a stud on one end
through it, trans red cone and voila'.
Makes for a neat feathering  effect.

How do you like that dark grey highlighting the red?  I've been doing some
experimenting on using the dark grey to highlight other colors, seems to
work really well.

I like it, makes for kind of darker color scheme, not quite as striking as
the Lt grey.  I've done some of that with my mechs, works good.  Bit more
'grimey' feel to it...

Mark Neumann
http://home.attbi.com/~ravenswolfmk/
home of the Snow Leopard Clan